18 March 2014

Lazy Chef’s Strawberry Frozen Yogurt


I’m stealing this one from my daughter. A few days ago my daughter gave me mouth wateringly delicious strawberry ice cream that she made at home and I thought to myself how stupid it was to toil away in the kitchen for hours when you could buy ice cream from the market. Until I saw her make it again today and realized that all it takes to prepare this cheats ice cream is 3 ingredients and under 5 minutes. This recipe, I realized, was right down my alley! It’s also so healthy and low fat you can eat bowls without bothering about the pounds piling up- not to mention, this one tastes divine!


(Servers: 4; Prep time: 5 mins; Freezing time: 4-5 hours)

Ingredients:                                                            
  1. 1/4th cup sugar (or any sugar substitute of your choice)
  2. 20 large strawberries- washed and hulled
  3. 100 gm “Dahi” or Greek yogurt
  4. (Optional- a few drops of lemon juice for tang)

Method:               
  1. Throw all the ingredients into a blender and whisk till it turns into liquid form.
  2. Transfer this into an ice cream machine OR (if you don’t have one, like we don’t) into a container and freeze.
  3. Take it out after an hour and beat it with a fork to remove any crystallization. This helps the ice cream come out smooth and creamy. Repeat after an hour.
  4. Freeze for another 3 hours.


And you’re done! Now wasn’t that TOO easy?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;